Water makes up over 60 percent of our bodies. It’s only natural, then, that getting into water feels so good.
Imagine it: after a long day, you can immerse yourself in water. You’re literally taking a load off. As the silkiness caresses your skin, replenishing and refreshing every nerve in your body, regrets and worries slip away. Living in the moment becomes infinitely more possible.
Water is literally life. It makes up over 60 percent of our bodies—more if you’re talking about heart, brain, and lungs—and we only last about three days without replenishing the supply. It’s only natural, then, that getting into water feels so good. That entrancing feeling of lightness—in neck-deep water, we experience only about 10 percent of the gravity we feel on land—and the relaxation that comes with it as we rest our muscles and nerves is truly glorious. Of course, to experience these wonders, we need to know we’re in water that’s safe and clean; there’s nothing relaxing about being tossed into a raging river. With safe, clean water handy, we can slip into its gentle embrace and get relief from aches and anxieties alike. And if that water is warm and flowing, we’re talking hydrotherapy: better circulation, reduced inflammation, lower blood pressure, and faster healing are just a few of the verified benefits.
With all that wellness in play, adding a pool or spa to your space is one of the nicest things you can do for yourself and the ones you love. But where do you start? What size do you want? What horsepower pump do you need? Where can you put it and how do you prep the site? What are your options for water care?
AquaJet’s roots reach back to the ‘60s; by 2023, AquaJet— still very much a family business—was helping open and care for over 800 pools and installing new ones every year.
Finding the right answers to all of these questions and more will make the difference between a life-enhancing, trouble-free purchase that will bring enormous joy and an expensive deluge of regret.
That’s where the good folks of AquaJet come in. The company’s roots reach back to the ‘60s, when state trooper John Turck wanted a pool at the family’s Kingston home. Pretty soon, his brother wanted one, too; not long after that, others followed and the Turck family garage became Pool Central, selling chemicals and supplies, advising newbies on pool care and choices. That was in 1971, and by 2023, AquaJet—still very much a family business— was helping open and care for over 800 pools and installing new ones every year, making the pool experience the relaxing, hassle-free joy that owners want and deserve.
The AquaJet folks, experts at water care and customer care alike, would love to help you find the spa that’s right for you, offering energy-efficient, easycare choices in a range of styles and sizes along with everything you’ll need for maintenance and a bunch of things you’ll want: comfy, good-looking patio furniture for tubside, multi-colored lighting that syncs to your music, fountains, waterfalls, wireless audio, and monitors that turn your backyard wellness center into an outdoor entertainment room. The possibilities for joy, health, comfort, and relaxation are limitless.
Intrigued? Why not visit the AquaJet website and look around? Brand-specific buyers’ guides you’ll find there will answer most of your logistical and budgetary questions and help you color in the details of your home spa dreams.
After that, it’s time to give AquaJet a call or stop in at either the Lake Katrine or Highland locations for a chat with the experts. Of course, if you’d rather add a backyard pool—it can be hard to get a decent game of Marco Polo going in a spa—the AquaJet folks are ready and willing to help with every step of that, too. With spring comes the super-busy pool-opening season, so this is a great time of year to get everything set to go and embark on the beautiful journey to your dream backyard.
FIVE REASONS YOU NEED AN AQUAJET POOL
1. During a heat wave, swimming is a LOT more fun than jogging.
2. Any type of exercise strains your body about one-quarter as much in the water as on land, meaning you can go hard on full-body workouts without straining.
3. If you have kids, you’re a lot less likely to hear “I’m bored” on long summer days. (Especially if you get them some cool pool toys from AquaJet.)
4. Swimming holes are great, but they’re also pretty crowded these days, and you have to drive to them.
5. That feeling when the water is warmer than the air at night, like a cozy refuge. Add a moon to gaze at = absolute paradise. (You might, depending on your layout, be able to skip the swimsuit…)
FIVE REASONS YOU NEED AN AQUAJET SPA
1. All-over massage without having to pay (or plead with anyone to give you one.
2. An evening dip raises your body temperature and eases your aches for a wonderful night’s sleep.
3. A morning soak before you work out (or work) lets you stretch and limber up effectively and painlessly.
4. A spa is the perfect place to unwind and chat with kids and friends. Conversations flow like water.
5. Date night. We’ll just leave this here and let your imagination do the rest.
aqua jet pools and spas
1606 Ulster Ave, Lake Katrine,