CLICK HERE to watch the video!
1. The best apples for the job are collected and brought into our farmhouse from the orchards.
2. All the apples are then transferred from their bins and sent down the line to be washed and prepped for their transformation.
3. The apples travel via escalator to get crushed into a pulpy mass.
4. This pulp is then wrapped and stacked into sheets to keep it contained. And the pressing begins!
5. The machinery does the heavy lifting of pressing all the stacked sheets. The juice drains down the sides and into a separate tankard.
6. The tank of freshly squeezed juice is then poured into jugs and made available in our store!
This fall, Jenkins-Lueken Orchards will be featuring Yankee Folly hard cider that’s made from cider pressed on-site with daily tastings.
Barthel’s Farm in Ellenville also makes their own apple cider for you to enjoy.
Jenkins-Lueken Orchards in New Paltz makes apple cider to sell at their
farmstand almost all year long. Here’s the process for you to enjoy.
69 Yankee Folly Rd, New Paltz