How To Make Local Berry Sorbet
• 2 cups of fresh local berries of your choice
• 1/4 cup local honey
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, including pulp
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
• 1 cup water
Makes 6 servings
1. Puree raspberries, for example, in a blender or food processor.
2. Strain through a fine strainer using a spoon to press puree
through strainer into a bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour raspberry mixture into 9-inch freezer-safe pan.
Place in the freezer for 3 to 6 hours or until firm.
5. Transfer mixture to mixer bowl.
6. Beat with an electric mixer until just slushy.
7. Return to pan and freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm.
8. This will keep for one month in the freezer. Before serving,
remove from the freezer for 10 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Modified from National Honey Board recipe.